21 January 2008

*sigh* almost done


Well I figured out a way to organize all that embroidery floss I found on my antique trip a couple of weeks ago. Seven packs of 28-count floss bobbins later (that's 196 bobbins, thank you) and hours upon hours of wrist work and untangling random threads, I'm almost done winding my new-found stash. When I did the math, even including the floss bobbins, each skein cost less than 10 cents!

It's a pretty colorful bowl of floss, but I'm going to make them even easier to use by grouping like colors on giant metal rings leftover from my classroom days. I plan to keep the rings on the ribbon pegboard in the craft room for easy reach and inspiration. It was a calming activity to do over the last couple weeks while curled up under down blankets attempting to keep winter at bay. But I think my favorite part of all of that winding was coming up with some amazing embroidery ideas. Keep your eyes here for the results of all that brainstorming.

No comments: