12 January 2008

sew, thank you

The nasty head-cold has finally said good-bye and I am feeling much, much better. I sat down Thursday evening to embroider some holiday thank you cards. Originally I wanted to embroider onto holiday fabric but decided the look was too busy. I grabbed a sheet of white felt instead and some shiny red thread. Normally when I embroider I write my words with a pencil first and follow the lines. Unfortunately felt and pencils don't mix. So I ended up sewing these thank you tags freestyle.



To keep these notes simple I sewed a thin piece of red ribbon to the card using the same bright red thread and placed the embroidered felt pieces on top. I was worried about putting white on white, but I think the different textures of card stock and felt create a visible difference. I thought about sewing them on or tacking them with little x's or knots in the corners and ended up simply gluing them to the ribbon to stick with the simplicity theme. I know they're really late, but a late thank you is better than none at all, right? Especially when it's hand-made.

No comments: