20 December 2007

december 20th, wouldn't you know

That's a picture of my living room this afternoon. Yup, those are open windows. It's 73 degrees outside and beautiful. This weather has given me plenty of time to work in the garden.

These are some of my veggies and herbs (the ones I bring inside when it gets super cold.) I decided to try growing late-season tomatoes, so I planted the plum variety in late September. It's worked out better than I could have ever expected. There are lots of flowers, and you can see the almost ripe tomatoes on the smallish plant. The weather has been so nice that they've been able to stay outside for all but a few nights recently. I'm looking forward to some fresh tomato sauce in January, complete with basil (see plant on the right.)

It's been so beautiful that there's even a bloom on my favorite hibiscus plant. The warm weather has been a great early Christmas gift for me and most of my garden, but the rye grass I've been trying to grow -- it's not been nearly as lucky. Too warm!

No comments: