20 December 2007

cookies, cookies, cookies!

Friday night I had my annual cookie exchange party. I hadn't planned on doing one this year until Stephanie convinced me it would be fun. Last year's was nice but a lot of work. This year's really turned out to be a good event. I scheduled it for the weekend most people would be going to holiday parties so that they could bring some cookies along as gifts or potluck items (every little bit helps during the hectic holiday season, right?) I forgot to take pictures of the cookie table before we all started dividing them up, but here it is mid-grab.


Everyone made around 4 dozen cookies so that each of us could get 4 cookies of each kind. My newest idea was to have folks label their cookies and tell people how many to take (several of us had recipes that made 5-6 dozen cookies.) I always want to know the names of the cookies so that I know what I'm taking. Here are the tags. If any of those look good you can check out the recipes here.


I ended up making two kinds of cookies -- Orange-Sable and Lime Sugar -- so that I could collect two batches. My reasoning: By giving both sets of parents cookies this year I'm off the hook for nut rolls (which I love but are time consuming.) It sounded like a good idea at the time -- and Mom came to collect hers the next day -- but I've been stuck in the house with the cookies for Tim's parents for almost a week now. The temptation is going to kill me! I've had to saran wrap the container they're in and seal it with tape (pathetic!) With those measures in place I should be able to control myself until Monday -- I hope. Don't they look delicious?

No comments: