07 July 2009

sew it's my birthday


I bought this amazing fabric on a trip to San Francisco in the summer of 2003 from the famed four-story Britex Fabric Store in the middle of Union Square. I only got 3 yards (and kicked myself a thousand times over for not getting more) so I knew that I had to be sure how I was going to use it. I loved this fabric so much that I based my house's main color scheme around it.


When Tim saw it as we were rummaging through the fabric piles, he was insistent that we finally make the pillows I'd been vacillating over for years. We decided to use the pattern for the front only and use black canvas for the backs -- that way we could make more pillows. We ended up with enough fabric for 4 16-inch pillows, 2 large floor-sized pillows, and a new dog bed cover for Madeleine (which she obviously loves.)

We worked in the craft room for a few hours on my birthday trying to get several pillows done in time for our party last Friday. I got through the dog bed and three smaller pillows. The rest will have to wait for craft day this week. I swear the next project in the living room had better involve replacing that couch!

No comments: