17 June 2008

brrr

We've had a busy several days filled with family and friends. And lots and lots of driving. Through it all, I have been proud of myself for maintaining the discipline to run every other morning. But this morning presented a true test. I woke up, threw on running clothes, and stepped out into a 50-degree northwest Ohio morning. Yikes! I decided I was tough enough to handle it. By the time I got back, I couldn't feel my fingers and my nose was runny.

*sigh* I packed exactly 3 short-sleeved shirts and 7 tank tops for this trip. Will I ever learn that summer does not mean the same thing in all parts of the country?

Update: The edge of Lake Erie across the street from Tim's grandmother's house near Cleveland. It's easily 50-some degrees before wind chill. I owe Tim's mom Jane a huge thank you for loaning me the sweatshirt. It saved our vacation.

No comments: