20 March 2008

happy spring

It's officially spring -- hurray! To celebrate I went on a little shopping trip to Lowe's (to replace some dead plants) and the feed & seed store where I got veggies for the garden. Tip: the feed & seed store had better prices, larger quantity, and more variety than either Lowe's or Ward's when it came to veggies and herbs.

New crops for this year's garden include cucumbers, broccoli, yellow peppers and green beans. They will join the usual inhabitants Roma tomatoes, strawberries, onions, red peppers and Cubanelle peppers. I also bought extra basil and some thyme to add to the herb garden. Everything else survived the winter just fine.

Of course the garden is not big enough for all of these yummy plants so I plan to double its size, just like I did last year and the year before that. I am excited for more garden space (and less mowing!), but not that excited about removing the top grass/weed layer to get to the good stuff. That job is similar to raking, only worse. Looks like my Easter weekend will be busy.

In other news, look for baseball and crafting updates to come soon.

No comments: