13 March 2008

garden picture post

I spent most of this week in the garden before heading out of town. I raked the whole backyard and had enough leaves to create plant beds to edge the entire yard. I've got the blisters to prove it!


Spring's first dogwood blossoms.


On Sunday Lowe's had an exceptionally good selection in their half-dead plant department. I got enough flowers to fill up the containers along the back fence -- all for half price!


I like to use unusual containers to dress up the garden. This moss rose will last throughout the hot summer months without a ton of water.


Blueberry blooms are bursting out on all three bushes!


Last but not least is my favorite harbinger of spring -- orange blossoms. Their smell is absolutely intoxicating! Happy spring planting everyone.

No comments: