21 February 2008

the new venture

One of my friends and I have joked for years about traveling the country helping people organize their retail stores -- mostly after leaving particularly haphazard thrifts. I decided to take that idea and actually help people organize their lives. I took on my first client this week, a university professor who does a lot of consulting work. In addition to helping her organize her office space, I am also doing light bookkeeping work to help her stay on top of her clients' needs.

Helping someone bring order to her life has been gratifying in so many different ways. I like the feeling of accomplishment that comes at the end of each day as we work toward our goal. I'm happy that I'm helping to make a difference in someone's life. But I really love knowing I'm doing something I'm good at and enjoy wholeheartedly. I'm considering taking on a couple more clients in the weeks to come, which will mean less posting for a while. I'm really hoping all this organization work spurs me to finally finish off that craft room. Wish me luck!

No comments: