13 February 2008

in love with valentines

Happy Valentine's Day! This has always been one of my favorite holidays. I am always at my most creative when designing something for a significant other (aren't we all?) Most of those creations are for personal encouragement, milestones, or private jokes. I love that this holiday inspires me to bring the creative part of that significant-other energy to all my friends and family.

These are the valentines I whipped up yesterday. They're just traced hearts made of wax paper sewn together on my machine. About three quarters of the way through sewing I added the red hots. On the back I added a small label with a quick V-Day note. I saw something similar on one of my favorite inspiration websites, but I've forgotten which one. I made a bunch of small ones and a few large ones for my family and Tim. I'll say it took a few samples before I got the curve of the heart just right while machine sewing. Some ended up a bit wavy! They took hardly any time at all using minimal supplies -- they'd be perfect to whip up for a classroom of kids.

Check back for more valentine action later today, including a round-up of some of my favorites from blog-land.

No comments: