30 November 2007

holiday wedding

My friends Candi and Andrew got married last weekend. Their wedding in the courtyard at the Thomas Center was simple and beautiful.
The ceremony was short but full of meaning. Our friend Amy officiated and Candi and Andrew read personally written vows. All of the guests had to stand and pledge to support their marriage -- a really sweet touch. But there was one part that really stood out to me: the beautiful song playing while the wedding party walked down the aisle. I can't seem to get it out of my head. The song, "Lullaby and Exile" by M. Ward, was graciously provided to guests as part of a wedding CD. I'm so glad it was so I can listen to it incessantly:



I will always think of them whenever I hear it. The reception was lots of fun as well, filled with numerous toasts to the bride and groom, good friends, yummy food, and the best music playlist I've ever heard at a wedding. Honestly, how often does one get to dance to Radon's "Kibbles & Bits" in a fancy dress and heels? If I had that mp3 to share, believe me I would (that record's been on the turntable lots since I got home. Oh, memories.) Congratulations Candi and Andrew. You two are amazing!

No comments: