14 October 2007

new project

While driving around Jacksonville Thursday searching for a deli to grab some lunch, I came across a new craft store I'd never heard of: A.C. Moore. Of course, all thoughts of lunch went right out the window as I drove into the parking lot. Upon entering though, I was sort of disappointed. I think A.C. Moore is connected to Michael's in some way since the store was organized in the same manner and the sale signs used the same font. Of course that didn't stop me from spending 45 minutes browsing. In the end, I was excited with what I found:



Yes, green yarn. The exact same yarn I used to knit Tim's birthday card. I loved how soft it was while knitting the card, but I didn't have enough left over to make what I really wanted -- a new scarf. I loved the color of this yarn -- and the great sale price -- so I bought three skeins. I started knitting immediately. I love the feel of working with this yarn. I'm using #7 needles, so it's not as quick as what I'm used to, but I'm in love with the progress so far. I'll post a pic when I finish with the first skein.

No comments: