03 October 2007

fabric & paper

While I was busy with the jet convention I promised to share more projects I'd recently finished. It's a little late, but here you go:

I made two new freezer-paper stencil shirts before I headed to Clearwater this weekend. I love the outline of the plane, which I'll admit I created from an image I found on the web. It's given me ideas for more intricate shirt designs. As for the F? Well, I am a Florida Gator girl.






This is a graphic design project I created for Gainesville Area NOW's 25th Anniversary banquet. I'm a big fan of repetition and geometry, can you tell? This was a great project for me, especially since it forced me to learn more about InDesign. I made response cards, tickets, and posters to go with the invites. The program will also follow the same simple design. We're celebrating 25 years of NOW feminist activism in Gainesville on October 19th. If you'd like to come, send me an email.



These are thank-you cards I use in my business. They are found images of airplanes sewn onto cardstock using red thread and a sewing machine. I get rave reviews for these since most of my customers aren't super artsy and don't expect repairfolk to sew. They're a great way for people to remember me and my service.





One of these days I'll share my Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree card collection. For the past seven or so years, my homemade holiday card has been based on the tree (I'm a little obsessed.) I'm currently working on this year's edition. I'm also working on a large installation for one of the huge walls in my living room. I found some great 1'x1' canvases for 50 cents each at my favorite thrift store in the world, a Goodwill in St. Pete. I bought nine of them and plan to use them to create one large image. I'm about 89% sure what it will look like and really excited to try out some new painting techniques with this project. I should finish it this month since Tim's going into seclusion for a few weeks to work on the comps for his dissertation, leaving me free to paint, paint, paint. Wish both of us luck!

No comments: